Happy Friday the 13th

Dear Friends,

Happy Friday the 13th! We’re having a wonderful day here at Holy Cross Anglican School. The sun is shining after many days of rain, the sounds of learning are quietly (or not so quietly!) echoing around the school and construction has begun on our incredible state of the art composting toilet system. Thanks to a generous grant from the Episcopal Church Women, by September 2010 we will have two girls’ bathrooms and two boys’ bathrooms, 24 toilets, 10 urinals, 4 staff bathrooms and the ‘greenest’ sewer waste disposal system available!!!! I never thought I could get so excited about toilets but providing bathroom breaks for 500+ students and 29 staff with only 6 toilets and 3 urinals is more complicated than rocket science.

I know you each rejoice with us as the school blooms and grows. And I know most of you could recite the critical needs we have here at Holy Cross from memory….feeding program, land fill, school supplies, shoes, uniforms, first aid, electricity for the computer lab, water bills (most recent was for $850US), medical bills, eye glasses and the list goes on and on. And, most of you know I have a thousand and one ways to ask for your financial contributions. Now I have one thousand and TWO ways…my birthday, the BIG 60, will be on November 18th, 2009. (I can hear you gasping in shock since I don’t look a day over 59 – smile.) Anyway, a few folks have asked what I want for my birthday. That’s an easy question to answer!

If the Spirit should move you to make a donation to Holy Cross Anglican School in honor of my big event then God Bless You! Of course I want your birthday prayers too! As always, checks should be made payable to: Holy Cross Anglican School and sent to:

Holy Cross Anglican School
San Pedro Town
Ambergris Caye, Belize

Many thanks and blessings, Francis, The Birthday Girl!!

Please take a moment to read Volunteering in Belize part 2. a great blog done by one of our volunteers Julie.

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home