2 emails

Here are 2 emails that show some of  spirit at Holy Cross and how people are wanting to help the San Mateo community - especially the kids.

Hi Miss Wilson,   My name is Sam Rose, an Anglican priest in the Diocese of Eastern Newfoundland & Labrador.  I am currently involved with the CLB Mission Project 2009.  I am the onsite Program Co-Ordinator.  Part of my role is to plan activities for the CLB when we are in San Pedro in the late afternoons and evenings.  I am wondering what types of activites can we offer to assist your ministry in the village?  We want to engage the local people, especially the young people.  Would a Vacation Bible School be a good idea?  We hope to have 30 youth and 15 adults on the mission trip.  

I spent five months in Placencia Village in Spring/Summer of 2000, working under Bishop Romero.  He took myself and Fr. Jerry Drino to San Pedro for a few days.  Working in Belize had a major impact on my preisthood and I have a fondness for the country.  I greatly admire the work that you have been doing to bring attention to the Holy Cross School and the students.  I knew Fr. Wright as the principal at the Belize Theological Institute.   

If there is anything that you know we could do to help you when we are down there, please let me know.  If there are activities that we can offer or assist you with outside of the construction project, just tell me and we will make it happen!   

Peace, Fr. Sam+

Dear Fr. Sam,  Laurie forwarded your wonderful email to me.  Thanks so much for being in touch!!  We are already looking forward to having your group here at Holy Cross - smile.  There are so many things you can do, besides helping build and maintain the school.  Such as.....
 
VBS program;
after school tutoring;
soccer, softball and basketball activities for some of the older children;
puppet shows;
music presentation
a Bible Beach Party - I don't know what that is but it sounds good and I'm sure your team could creat it
 
The sky is really the limit so let your imagination soar and see what the Holy Spirt comes up with - smile.
 
I worked with Bishop Romero for 6 years until he left to be the interim Bishop in the Diocese of Camino Real (California).  He is now interim in the Diocese of New Jersey.  Fr. Wright grew up to be Bishop Wright and has been leading the Diocese for the last 2 and 1/2 years. 
 
Vernon and I arrived in Belize in September 2001.  I worked in the Diocesan Office setting up the volunteer mission team program and assisting Mrs. Carol Babb, General Manager of Anglican Schools for 5 years.  Husband Vernon, a retired jewelry designer and goldsmith, set up a training facility at the prison in Hattieville.  We moved to San Pedro about 2 1/2 years ago and started working on Holy Cross.
 
Please be in touch and we'll plan (with God's help!) a blessed adventure in faith.  Many thanks, francis 
 

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home